Preschoolers are full of wonder and our program engages, excites, and encourages their imagination. We divide preschoolers by age into two programs, placing younger children in the Oceania room and older children in the Asia room. Pre-kindergartners are in the Europe classroom.
Our focus is on preparing children for school, academically, emotionally, and socially. It’s an exciting time for young learners as they further develop ways to express themselves verbally, physically, and creatively. Their days are filled with busy explorations in art; building on new skills, such as reading and writing; and new discoveries in rudimentary math and science.
What They’ll Learn
In the Asia and Oceania rooms, our program promotes structured learning activities with opportunities for independent exploration. Preschoolers are introduced to kindergarten concepts and experiences, such as small group instruction and extended periods, working in their seats. Areas of focus include:
- Establish routines and rituals
- Learn to use language purposefully and precisely
- Build pre-reading skills by matching letters to sounds, and recognizing familiar words
- Math (e.g. simple addition and subtraction, sorting and classifying objects)
- Exploring the world of science through weather, cooking, and seasonal activities
- Social skills, including mutual respect and and collaboration
Children in our preschool classes participate in at least 60 minutes of structured physical activity over the course of the day, including supervised games and dancing/moving to music. Children are not sedentary for more than 60 minutes at a time except when sleeping.
- PRE K DAILY SCHEDULE IS ADJUSTED AND IS HANDED OUT ON CHILD’S FIRST DAY
View our image gallery: